Competition License & Physical Forms

Do I need to have a license to drive in an NHRA sanctioned event?
All drivers competing in NHRA Professional categories, Top Alcohol categories, Comp, Advanced E.T., Super Comp, Super Gas, certain Super Stock classes as defined by current NHRA rules, Super Street, Top Comp, Top Sportsman, Super Eliminator, Sport Compact, Snowmobile, ATV, Nostalgia TF, Special Fuel, and E.T. cars or motorcycles with a dial-in of 9.99 or quicker (4.50 to 6.39 for eighth-mile) are required to have a valid NHRA competition license and NHRA membership. 

Are there any other forms to submit with the license application?
Drivers are required to submit a physical examination form to receive a Medical Certificate. 

What if I want to drive a car slower than 9.99?
The non-licensed driver competition number application form. Note that an NHRA competition number and NHRA membership are required for participation in any divisional or national NHRA-sanctioned event. Effective 1/1/06, a current NHRA membership will be required when obtaining a new competition number or renewing a competition number.

This form is for drivers of nonlicensed Super Stock, Super Street, Stock, E.T. Bike, E.T., Sport Compact, Snowmobile, and ATV classes only.

All forms can be found on the NHRA web site,, to download the application for a medical certificate, competition number and or competition license select the ‘competition’ tab on the far right of the official web site and select desired form from the drop down menu at appears.