The AMALIE Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals is an annual National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) national drag race event held each March at Gainesville Raceway in Gainesville, Florida. The 2023 event will be held March 9-12 and will serve as the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series season opener for just the second time in history!
The event was held for the first time in 1970. The traditional East Coast opener is one of the sport’s most revered with a rich tradition of history-making performances. The Gatornationals has the title of being the drag race to see the first 260-mph Top Fuel and Funny Car runs in 1984 by Joe Amato and Kenny Bernstein, respectively, and the first 270-mph and 300-mph Top Fuel passes by Don Garlits and Kenny Bernstein in 1986 and 1992. Its 675-foot concrete launchpad is one of the longest on the tour.
Existing Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals ticketholders can renew their tickets for the 2024 event below.
Please login to your NHRA ticketing account to access your 2023 order and make adjustments for 2024 renewals.
Group outings at Gainesville Raceway create unbelievable memories that last a lifetime.
With 20 or more fans, you can experience the earth-shaking power, speed, and action of the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series. Every group ticket includes great savings, pit passes and more!
The 2023 Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals will be held March 9-12.
Pro classes will qualify twice on Friday and twice on Saturday – including the Top Fuel Callout on Saturday – with eliminations scheduled for Sunday, March 12.
Hospitality & Suites
Take in the thrill of the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series from our luxury skybox suites!
Located above the pit-side spectator grandstands, private skybox suites offer unique comfort and convenience for the motorsports attendee and an excellent platform for corporate entertainment.
Top Eliminator Club
The Top Eliminator Club, affectionately known as the TEC, is the best all-around way to enjoy a day at the Gatornats!
From the members-only hospitality center to the complimentary weekend breakfasts and lunches – and much more in between – the TEC is the place to be!
Our goal is to provide you with a safe and enjoyable day at our track. With that in mind, please review our Gate Policy before visiting us.
Gainesville Raceway offers overnight RV camping options during the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals.
What is the Pep Boys Top Fuel All-Star Callout?
Learn more about this specialty “race-within-a-race” that is held on Saturday, March 11 at the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals, featuring the fastest drivers in the NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series.
COMPETITOR SHIPPING NOTICE
As of the 2023 season, packages will not be accepted at Gainesville Raceway for the NHRA Division 2 Baby Gators OR the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals.
Please see the following guidelines for shipping packages to Gainesville for the March 2023 races.
- All packages for the events are to be addressed to the UPS store located at: 5200 NW 43rd Street, Ste. 102, Gainesville, Florida 32606
- PLEASE BE AWARE you must write HOLD FOR NHRA and your information in order for the store to hold onto your package. Can be written as “TO: HOLD FOR NHRA – (YOUR NAME OR TEAM HERE)“
- Each package will incur a $10 pickup charge, that is UPS standard fee for this service.
- UPS will accept packages from all major carriers for pick up.
- If you are sending any pallets please contact the store in advance.
- To contact the store you can call 352-377-6840 or e-mail TheUPSStore1867@Gmail.com. The store owner is Jay Tanna and is aware of the event and our shipping needs.
- The UPS Store will be open from 8 AM to 6:30 PM from Monday through Friday, and 9 AM to 4 PM on Saturday. The UPS Store will not be open on Sunday.